Good news! Mangoes are back in the market and we just couldn’t resist this fabulous Mini Mango Kulfi Cheesecake from Shiela’s kitchen!
So get going this Whip-it-up-Wednesday with this soul-satisfying recipe from The Girl That Made It All!
“Lately, I have been on a cheesecake high. Ever since I found out how easy it is to make in the Instant Pot (it can be purchased from here). I made mini cheesecakes as gifts for my co-workers for Christmas. Since I am making it in the Instant Pot, I only have mini springform pans. They can be purchased here.”
“I started thinking about how to add my Indian twist to the cheesecake and came up with Mango Kulfi Cake. What is not to like? Mango, cardamom and cream cheese = yum!”
I started to play around with the recipe and ended up making them for Super Bowl LI. My husband tasted it and said I was a genius. My mom said I was a good cook like her. Haha, Mom. You all be the judge.”
“Here is how I made it:”
- For crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- For filling
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mango pulp
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 eggs, room temperature
FOR THE CRUST
- Spray cooking oil spray in pans. Add parchment paper to the bottom of pans.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and pecans.
- Divide crumbs into each pan and push down with measuring cup.
- Put pans in freezer for 10 minutes.
FOR THE FILLING
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl. Add sugar to cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Add sour cream, mango pulp, cardamom and cornstarch to the mixture and then blend.
- Add 1 egg and then blend until incorporated.
- Add last egg and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into pans evenly.
- Tent aluminum foil over pans.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot and put trivet in the pot.
- Stack all 4 pans in the Instant pot with 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top.
- Close pot. Put on manual high pressure for 20 minutes with the vent closed.
- Once done, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Release rest of the steam from the pot by opening the vent. Make sure to use a towel so you don’t burn yourself.
- Remove pans from the pressure cooker and let cool.
- Once cool, refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with mango pulp and/or nuts if desired.
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the world goes by, Pallavi is optimistic to a fault and believes in building her world on her own rather than depending on others to make things right.