The man whose voice livens up our spirit – Arijit Singh, celebrates his 31st birthday today. This talented singer has the flair to turn any tune into a soulful, joyous, and appealing song and surely you can’t stop humming his songs. Arijit Singh first appeared on Fame Gurukul (Sony Entertainment Television’s music reality show) in the year 2005. Though he didn’t make it to the top three, today he has made it huge in the industry.
His deep voice is comparable with the most accomplished of the vocalists and he has created an unmatched niche for himself in the industry. It was this enchantment of his voice that made even Coldplay frontman, Chris Martin, sing a couple of his lines from his melody Channa Mereya at the Global Citizen Festival.
Apart from being a singer, Arijit Singh is also an accomplished music producer, composer, and music programmer. On his 31st birthday let’s have a look at his ten best songs.
- Tum Hi Ho (Aashiqui 2) – This song became the anthem for all the lovers in the year 2013 and it even got him the IIFA award for the Best Male Playback Singer.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil) – Just after the release of its teaser, this song became an instant hit. Surely one of the best songs of Arijit.
- Roke Na Ruke Naina (Badrinath Ki Dulhania) – Arijit received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for this song as well.
- Sooraj Dooba Hain (Roy) – One of the magical numbers under Arijit’s belt is this track from the film Roy.
- Kabhi Jo Badal Barse (Jackpot) – This song really was a mind-blowing number and the perfect amalgamation of voice, lyrics, music will make you keep humming this track.
- Muskurane Ki Wajah Tum Ho (Citylights) – This song remained on top of charts for many months and featured Rajkummar Rao and Patralekha.
- Samjhawan (Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania) – One of the famous tracks from the rom-com hit starring Varun and Alia.
- Channa Mereya (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil) – This one will always remain one of our all-time favorites!
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani – (Hamari Adhuri Kahani) – Well, the intensity of the movie was perfectly matched up by the title song sung by Arijit.
- Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga (Half Girlfriend) – This amazing track from had everyone grooving to it.
We wish Arijit Singh a very happy birthday and hope that his melodious voice serenades us always!!