Get ready for the biggest wedding of the year! The first celebrity wedding of 2018 in big fat Punjabi style is just around the corner. National Award winning actress Sonam Kapoor is all set to get hitched to her boyfriend Anand Ahuja on tomorrow in Mumbai and the entire Kapoor khandan is geared up for this much-coveted wedding of the year.
While all the preparations and ceremonies are going on in full swing, we bring to you 10 facts that you must know about the handsome groom – Anand Ahuja.
- Born to Beena and Sunil Ahuja in 1983, Anand is the grandson of Harish Ahuja who is the owner of Shahi Exports – India’s largest garment export house – and brands like GAP, Tommy Hilfiger feature as their clients.
- He completed his schooling at the American Embassy School in Delhi and went on to pursue a degree in Economics and Business Relations from the prestigious University of Pennsylvania and is a Wharton Business School alumnus.
- In order to learn the basics of the retail industry, Anand interned with Deutsche Bank, Macy’s, and Amazon before starting big on his own.
- He is the founder and CEO of Bhane, his own fashion label, and the co-founder of Veg Non Veg, India’s first multi-brand sneaker boutique.
- Anand also took the position of Managing Director at his own family venture – Shahi Exports.
- Apart from business, Anand has a great taste in fashion just like Sonam and both of them have an infinite love for shoes. He loves basketball and bikes and as a matter of fact, also featured in the GQ India “Sneakerheads of Instagram” in 2017.
- Both of them met through their mutual friend Pernia Qureshi in 2014 who happens to be Sonam’s designer. Anand proposed to her within a month of meeting her, and have been together since then. Sonam and Anand made their first public appearance at Akshay Kumar’s bash in honor of Will Smith.
- Anand even grabbed eyeballs when he accompanied Anil Kapoor and Sonam when she bagged the National Award for her movie Neerja.
- Sonam and Anand have always maintained their private and personal lives separately and haven’t been vocal about their relationship but their once-in-a-while PDA on social media spoke volumes. You can see their cute vacation pictures, mutual awe and cute nothings frequently in their Instagram accounts.
- Sonam and Anand will get married in a traditional Sikh ceremony on May 8th.
We wish this lovey-dovey couple a very happy and a fulfilling married life!