YouGov’s ‘World’s Most Admired’ 2019 Poll Features South Asians Too!
YouGov has launched its list of the World’s Most Admired People for the year 2019 and it includes these South Asians too!
In December 2018, YouGov collected open-ended nominations from panelists across 41 nations, asking them: “Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?” Then these nominations were used to collect a list consisting of the 20 men and 20 women who gathered the most votes and were also nominated in minimum four nations.
In January 2019, these lists were then used to poll in each of the 41 nations asking two questions: “Who do you truly admire?”, (where respondents were allowed to make multiple choices), and “who do you MOST admire?” (where they could only pick one). These two numbers were clubbed into a percentage of admiration and then launched by YouGov.
- Dalai Lama – His Holiness, the Dalai Lama gathered an admiration score of 5.55% and is surely one of the most admired South Asian man of the world.
- Malala Yousafzai – With the admiration score of 5.40% this famous Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, Malala has gained quite a lot of admiration from across the world.
- Imran Khan – Pakistan’s Prime Minister made it to the list and gathered 0.73% admiration score. He has climbed the highest up the table since last year risen three places to seventeenth place in the world’s most admired list.
- Priyanka Chopra – Our desi girl has gathered an admiration score of 0.43%. She has a huge fan following which has increased overseas after her wedding with Nick Jonas.
- Aishwarya Rai – She has fallen the furthest, down five places to sixteenth with the admiration score of 0.21%.
- Narendra Modi – Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has received an admiration score of 0.18% while creating a never before aura for himself across the world.
- Shah Rukh Khan – With the admiration score of 0.18%, Shah Rukh Khan joins the top twenty this year.
- Deepika Padukone – One of the highest paid actresses of India, Deepika Padukone has received an admiration score of 0.18%. She is indeed one of the most famous personalities today and has openly expressed her support to the victims of clinical depression.
- Sushmita Sen – She gathered 0.14% of admiration score and is one of the fresh faces this year on the list.
- Amitabh Bachchan – The very famous Indian film actor, television host, film producer, occasional playback singer and former politician, Amitabh Bachchan has gathered an admiration score of 0.12%.
- Salman Khan – Joining hands with other stalwarts, Salman Khan at an admiration score of 0.08% is still undeniably one of the most admired in the world.