Green Mint Mango Chutney – a simple, yet VERY flavorful dipping sauce used by all to spice up the simplest of foods. Made with raw green mango, fresh cilantro, mint, and ginger, but can customize it to your taste by adding honey or powdered sugar.
This chutney is something that can be whipped up in a blender in just a few minutes and can be used on so many things to give your dishes a punch of flavor that will take them from ordinary to FANTASTIC!
The chutney can be served as a dip with fritters like Pakoras/Bhajia, samosas, kebabs, fries, tortilla chips, wraps, naan, paranthas, biryani or pulao. It can also be used as a base sauce for burgers, wraps, and sandwiches of your choice.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups/470 ml
Ingredients (with Quantity):
1. Half a slice of Raw Green Mango (size of your palm)
2. One bunch of Cilantro
3. Half bunch of Mint Leaves
4. Two teaspoons of sliced ginger
5. Salt, a quarter teaspoon or as per taste
6. Six Green Chilies or as per taste
7. Honey or Powdered Sugar, two teaspoons (optional)
8. One tablespoon water, or just enough to get the blender going
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water if needed, to get the blender going. Taste and adjust salt, chilies, and honey.
To preserve longer, refrigerate chutney, for a good shelf life of about fifteen days.
Shweta is an IT consultant and engineer by day. A cooking enthusiast, she loves experimenting with food. Usually found hooked to Netflix or crafting knick-knacks for home decor, over weekends.