Turmeric contains medicinal properties, mainly curcumin, which is a strong antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory effects. This turmeric ginger tea will boost your immune system to fight cold/flu or any foreign invader.
There are several benefits to consuming turmeric as it helps in burning fat, improves energy levels and gut (stomach) health, it also helps in depression and improves mood and does so much more.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 -15 minutes
Yield: 5 servings (5 cups)
1. Five cups of water
2. One heap size teaspoon minced/grated raw turmeric
3. One heap size teaspoon minced/grated raw ginger
4. Two cinnamon sticks each three-inch-long
5. Two teaspoon fennel seeds
6. Six crushed black peppercorns
7. Two cloves
8. One teaspoon carom seeds
9. Raw honey
1. Add water in a saucepan/ teapot
2. Bring it to boil
3. Add all the ingredients except lemon and honey in it and simmer for 10 minutes
4. Turn off the stove and strain tea in cups
5. Add honey (1 teaspoon per cup)
6. Squeeze in the lemon juice (half small size lemon per cup)
7. Serve hot
1. Ideally, drink this turmeric ginger tea daily on an empty stomach. It can be taken twice a day.
2. Turmeric ginger tea can also be stored in the fridge for 2 days. Strain and store in a covered pot or glass bottle. Just heat it and serve with honey and lemon.
Shweta is an IT consultant and engineer by day. A cooking enthusiast, she loves experimenting with food. Usually found hooked to Netflix or crafting knick-knacks for home decor, over weekends.