This Indian homestyle chicken curry is one of the easiest and healthiest recipes that you will find. Yogurt gives a tangy taste and the spices give a pleasant aroma. It is an all-time favorite and is loved by all. It’s not heavy on your plate and makes a wholesome meal when served with staples like rice, roti, naan or paratha.
With minimal spices and masalas, the gravy is not too thick and easily digestible. A quick salad on the side is a great addition to make this your perfect Sunday lunch menu. Do give it a try and tell us how you liked it!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 -30 minutes
Yield: Four servings
- One pound boneless chicken (cleaned/washed and cut into pieces)
- Two cup plain yogurt
- One and a half tablespoon ginger juliennes
- One tablespoon garlic juliennes
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- One teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- One tablespoon butter
- Two teaspoons black peppercorn powder
- Two teaspoon chopped mint leaves
- One tablespoon fried onions
- Four green chilies chopped
- One teaspoon chicken curry masala powder
- One teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Take a pan over medium flame and add butter in it
- Once butter is hot enough, add ginger and garlic
- Saute for two minutes
- Add chicken pieces and mix well for two minutes
- Add lemon juice, salt, black peppercorn powder and saute for one minute
- Add mint leaves, fried onions, yogurt, green chilies, chicken curry masala powder and mix well
- Cook for twenty-five minutes
- Add garam masala powder, Kasuri methi and cook for two minutes
- Switch off the flame
- You can make the consistency (semi gravy or gravy) of the gravy as per your taste.
- You can keep the yogurt outside the fridge to make it sourer
- You can also add some tomatoes to add color and taste
Shweta is an IT consultant and engineer by day. A cooking enthusiast, she loves experimenting with food. Usually found hooked to Netflix or crafting knick-knacks for home decor, over weekends.