Amazon Prime Video Announces An Anthology Of 5 Tamil Short Films “Putham Pudhu Kaalai” – Mani Ratnam & AR Rahman Release Trailer
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the…
Amazon Prime Video has announced “Putham Pudhu Kaalai” an anthology of five Tamil short films which brings together 5 of the most celebrated directors in Tamil cinema – Sudha Kongara, Gautham Menon, Suhasini Mani Ratman, Rajiv Menon, and Karthik Subbaraj to create Amazon Prime Video’s first Indian anthology film
“Putham Pudhu Kaalai” will release on the 16th of October in over 200 countries and territories.
The anthology includes five short films:
- “Ilamai Idho Idho” directed by Sudha Kongara (“Soorarai Pottru”) starring Jayaram (“Uttama Villain”), Kalidas Jayaram (“Poomaram”), Urvashi (“Soorarai Pottru”), and Kalyani Priyadarshan (“Hero”).
- “Avarum Naanum”/”Avalum Naanum,” directed by Gautham Vasudev Menon (“Yennai Arindhaal”) starring M.S. Bhaskar (“Sivaji: The Boss”), and Ritu Varma (“Pelli Choopulu”).
- “Coffee, Anyone?” directed by and starring Suhasini Mani Ratnam (“Sindhu Bhairavi”), Anu Hasan (“Indira”), and Shruti Haasan (“Treadstone”).
- “Reunion” directed by Rajiv Menon (“Kandukondain Kandukondain”) starring, Andrea (“Vada Chennai”), Leela Samson (“OK Kanmani”) and Sikkhil Gurucharan.
- “Miracle” directed by Karthik Subbaraj (“Petta”) featuring Bobby Simha (“Petta”) and Muthu Kumar (“Pattas”).
The anthology is a first for Amazon Prime Video and follows the successful release of several Tamil films such as “Nishabdham,” “Penguin,” and “Ponmagal Vandhal” as well as Amazon Original series ‘Comicstaan Semma Comedy Pa’ and will be available to stream across 200 countries and territories from the 16th October 2020.
“Putham Pudhu Kaalai” was shot in compliance with rules and regulations set by the Film Employees’ Federation of South India (FEFSI) for filming during the ‘Unlock’ phase.
“”Putham Pudhu Kaalai’ was born with the intent of talking about hope, love, and new beginnings and the fact that art finds expression in the most challenging times,” said Aparna Purohit, Head of India Originals, Amazon Prime Video, “With “Putham Pudhu Kaalai,” we are delighted to bring to our customers a unique offering by some of the best creative visionaries from the Tamil entertainment industry.”
Renowned Indian film director Mani Ratnam along with music maestro AR Rahman unveiled the eagerly awaited trailer earlier today. Check it out right here:
The new releases will join the thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood in the Prime Video catalog. These include Indian-produced Amazon Original series like ‘Four More Shots Please!,’ ‘Pataal Lok,’ ‘Breathe: Into The Shadows,’ ‘Bandish Bandits,’ ‘The Family Man,’ ‘Mirzapur,’ ‘Inside Edge,’ ‘Made In Heaven,’ as well as award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Original series, including Tom Clancy’s ‘Jack Ryan,’ ‘The Boys,’ ‘Hunters,’ ‘Fleabag’ and ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,’ all on Prime Video, which is available at no extra cost for Amazon Prime members. The service includes titles available in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Bengali.
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the world goes by, Pallavi is optimistic to a fault and believes in building her world on her own rather than depending on others to make things right.