Moist, buttery, and rich, this Blueberry Pound Cake is one of the best breakfast cakes made with fresh blueberries. It is also perfect for afternoon/evening tea and can also be enjoyed with ice cream for dessert. This is a vegetarian or no-egg recipe and can be enjoyed by all! What better than to prepare for the holiday season with a cake! Do give it a shot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings (8 Slices)
1. One and a half cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
2. Quarter teaspoon salt
3. One teaspoon baking powder
4. Half teaspoon baking soda
6. One cup fresh blueberries
5. One cup unsalted butter
6. Three-quarter cup sugar
7. Half cup buttermilk
8. One teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
2. In another bowl take butter and sugar, mix together using a blender (hand or electric)
3. Add blueberries and mix well (blend again) until combined.
4. Add vanilla extract, mix well
5. Add buttermilk and mix well
6. Add flour mix, in parts, to butter mixture and mix well to form a thick consistent paste
7. Butter the baking cake pan and pour the final mixture into it
8. Gently tap the cake pan on the counter two to three times to dislodge any big air bubbles
9. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F
10. Bake for forty-five to fifty minutes
11. Check the blueberry pound cake by inserting a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready else cook for five more minutes and check again
12. Turn off the oven and remove the cake pan from the oven
13. Let it cool for ten minutes before serving
1. This cake is moderately sweet. You can increase the sugar amount if you like a sweeter cake.
2. The longer you blend the sugar and butter, the better the result will be. 3. You can top the cake with fresh blueberries while serving.
Shweta is an IT consultant and engineer by day. A cooking enthusiast, she loves experimenting with food. Usually found hooked to Netflix or crafting knick-knacks for home decor, over weekends.