DissDash presents Tune-in-Tuesdays with @MontyIsLive | Episode 9
On today’s Tune-in-Tuesdays we look at some music video tidbits from the world of Bollywood, urban desi, and the global South Asian independent scene all creatively curated just for you! We talk about the music, the artist, some technicalities and help you judge for yourself whether you really need to give it your time on Youtube or not.
1. Roll up – @badboyshah x @realkrsna x @akprojekts x @kalamkaarmusic
Pure lyrics Switch up on the flows Delhi to the east coast and back in Delhi This is def. A joint you would wanna roll-up. For Desi Hip Hop fans this is a big one – Krsna on the come up – in some ways already there – and Badshah def. Being one of the biggest players in the game – Roll up is a big one. Manish Shunty takes you to the late-night vaali Delhi gediyaan and Badshah makes sure you get to know that.
We give Roll up – @badboyshah x @realkrsna x @akprojekts x @kalamkaarmusic 3 winks Watch the official video on Kalamkaar’s Youtube channel!
2. MVP- @rhearaj x @misschiefrecords x @perrishiward x @jacksonhoffmanmusic
Make me your MVP There is no I in team Rhea Raj definitely wins the ball game here. Production and Execution for both the track and video are on point. A 15-year-old Rhea Raj from Princeton, NJ got all the positives from All the judges on the 15th season of American Idol including J Lo and the golden ticket to Hollywood 🙂 Rhea has that same confidence, hustle and she looks absolutely stunning all along 🙂 Share this track and tag the weekend – he needs to hear this and then hop on it 🙂
We give MVP by Rhea Raj 3.5 winks Watch the official music video on Rhea Raj’a YouTube channel.
3. Long Nights – @djharpz x @kanik4kapoor x @amarsandhumusic I love it when talented musicians connect across borders and make some dope music for the movement. This is exactly what Long Nights has done 🙂 DJ Harpz who has created multiple chart-topping tracks with the likes of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan x The PropheC x Bohemia and Ikka comes together with vocalists Kanika Kapoor from the UK and Amar Sandhu from Texas in the US. Fresh off her Jugni 2.0 release of the original Jugni back in 2012 with Dr. Zeus – Kanika has some major Bollywood link-ups such as Baby Doll, Chittiyan Kalaiyaan, Desi Look, Beat pe Booty, and many more! Dallas-based singer-songwriter Amar Sandhu released his first track – Ni Udaleh back in 2011 – so along the same time as Kanika Kapoor. Amar easily is one of the pioneers of the Urban Desi scene from North America and his continued cycle of good music alongside his raw talent and always up for staying ahead of the game makes him an international artist.
We give Long Nights – @djharpz x @kanik4kapoor x @amarsandhumusic 3.5 winks Watch the official video on Kanika Kapoor’s Youtube channel!
4. Saiyaan Ji – @yoyohoneysingh @nushrrattbharuccha @nehakakkr x @mihirgulati x @iamlilgolu x @hommiedilliwala
For some reason – I just can’t NOT like whatever Honey Singh drops. Trust me – there have been many instances where I just NOT WANT TO like – especially the last few years – to be honest. But I just can NOT. Of course, I miss the OG honey singh – with gandases and guns – yellow cars and brown girls but everything is just so catchy af – that post being WTF to the words – you are bumping to it back to back. Nushrrattbharuccha who has now added another r, t, and a c to her name also adds a bunch of heat to this video. She looks stunning and Neha’s vocals – again becoming monotonous does the justice required for this track. I am all up for making money and the financials of the game and the industry but when a music video starts looking like a commercial – it genuinely takes away from the entertainment of the video.
We give Saiyaan Ji – @yoyohoneysingh @nushrrattbharuccha @nehakakkr x @mihirgulati x @iamlilgolu x @hommiedilliwala – 2.5 winks Watch the video on T Series’ official Youtube channel!
5. Ride for Me – @byoung This track is a complete vibe and I’m so glad I ran into B Young – with almost 100 million views on YouTube – this Hackney, East London based sound engineer and rapper is Levels, and that too on so many. Shoutouts to the director Ali for showcasing so many beautifully placed relationships throughout the video with all the love, imperfect perfections, and heart they come with. Def. Took me back into the past and possibly into the future as well. If you haven’t heard B Young’s music yet – def check Ride for Me out and I’ll personally recommend Last Night x Gucci Demon as well.
We give Ride for Me – @byoung – 4 winks Watch the video on B Young’s official Youtube channel!
Check Out DissDash presents Tune-in-Tuesdays with @MontyIsLive | Episode 9 right here
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the world goes by, Pallavi is optimistic to a fault and believes in building her world on her own rather than depending on others to make things right.