Just Some Hummus To Add A Little Zing To Your Palette
Hummus is a lusciously creamy, light, and fluffy Middle Eastern dip made with chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, and some seasoning. It is simple yet delicious and very quick to make. Hummus can be best enjoyed with pita bread or falafel or even as a dip for your favorite snack.
Preparation Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Yield: Five to six servings
1. Four cups of chickpeas (boiled) – wash and soak overnight then boil till completely cooked so that you can crush it between your fingers easily.
2. Half cup of white sesame seeds
3. Half cup of extra-virgin olive oil
4. Three to four garlic cloves
5. One to two teaspoon of black pepper powder
6. Salt as per taste
7. Two to three teaspoon water
8. Cilantro and paprika to garnish
1. Take a blender and add chickpeas, sesame seeds, and olive oil
2. Combine properly then add black pepper powder, garlic cloves, and salt
3. Process to make a paste and add water as required
4. Transfer to bowl and drizzle one teaspoon of olive oil over the hummus paste
5. Garnish with cilantro and paprika and your hummus is ready!
1. You can store the hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
2. You can use canned or home-cooked chickpeas. I prefer home-cooked chickpeas for better taste.
3. If you don’t like strong garlic flavor then you can roast garlic before adding them to chickpeas.
Shweta is an IT consultant and engineer by day. A cooking enthusiast, she loves experimenting with food. Usually found hooked to Netflix or crafting knick-knacks for home decor, over weekends.