These Desi Foods Are Way Better Than #InstaTrends For Weight Loss
From brainstorming marketing strategies to curating bewitching blogs to beautifying faces…
Desi diet has always been tagged notorious for causing weight gain and obesity. So how can a South Asian satisfy his/her taste buds without getting fat? We have a few tips for you that you will simply love. Try out these five alternatives to satisfy your appetite and get your aimed weight loss too! Let’s bust those #InstaTrends!
- Make Your Roti Work For You
1. Barley is a complex carb that is absorbed slowly in the bloodstream. It does not cause a spike in insulin. Hence, it is considered safe for diabetics and also for those who wish to eat healthy. These gluten-free barley rotis are a great way to add fiber to your diet.
2. Chickpea flour is full of healthy nutrients. It is a great alternative to refined wheat flour, as it’s lower in carbs and calories, and richer in protein and fiber. It has antioxidants and can decrease levels of the harmful compound acrylamide in processed foods.
- Spike Up That Rice Bran Oil
Rice bran oil is extracted from rice husk. It is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants that help to accelerate metabolism in the body, which eventually helps with weight loss. It also has monounsaturated fatty acids that aid in lowering cholesterol levels in the body. So, it’s clearly a win-win situation!
- Chose Spicy & Tangy Over Salty
1. Garlic is a pungent spice that boosts flavor and is a great alternative to add to food to reduce salt content.
2. Citrus, especially lemon juice and zest, makes an excellent alternative to salt in some recipes. As a source of acid, lemon juice acts similar to salt by bringing out the flavors of a dish.
- Say Hello To Natural Sweeteners
We all know that sugar and weight loss don’t go together but these alternatives will definitely make your kheer taste equally good. Switch over to natural honey, dates, stevia or add a dash of your favorite fruit pulp to sweeten your dessert and continue to enjoy all your sweet meats.
- Go Dark With Rice
The darker your rice, the healthier it is. Black rice has the highest antioxidants and contains more protein than brown rice. Eating it may offer several health benefits, including boosting eye and heart health, protecting against certain forms of cancer, and aiding weight loss. Black rice has a delicious, nutty, roasted flavor that is in some ways similar to brown or red rice. Just quit the polished white rice and try out the rainbow of hand-pounded delicious colors of rice.
And if someday you are just itching to eat a full-blown desi meal with a layer of ghee floating on top, just remember, regardless of what you eat, eat in moderation. Say no to second servings. Portion control is king.
Happy weight loss experience to you!
From brainstorming marketing strategies to curating bewitching blogs to beautifying faces as a professional makeup artist, Maryam has proven that sky is the limit when exploring one's capabilities.