Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup To Keep Away The Winter Chills
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the…
Hey guys! The winter chill is setting in and what else could be more comforting than a hot bowl of your favorite soup?
Try this quick and easy shrimp soup by Shiela, The Girl That Made It All, and relish in the joy of soulful food.
This Whip-It-Up-Wednesday, check out the simple and delicious Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup recipe from Shiela’s kitchen:
“I love Thai food! It is one of my favorite cuisines to cook. What I love about Thai cuisine is that it’s easy to make because of the ready-made pastes. One of my favorite pastes is Thai Tom Yum paste. It’s versatile because I can make all sorts of soups with various ingredients. There is even a vegetarian version for people who are allergic to shrimp. Another reason why I love this soup, it is quick and easy to make. Feel free to substitute tofu for a vegetarian option.”
“Here is how I make it:”
- 3 tbs of Thai Tom Yum paste
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of coconut milk (usually 13.5 oz)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup straw mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned (or any vegetable you would like to add)
- 2 tbs of lime juice
- salt, as desired
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Add broth to a pot.
- Turn on stove to medium and put the pot on the stove.
- Once broth starts to boil, add Tom Yum paste.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add mushrooms and red bell pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and shrimp.
- Cook for 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked and are pink.
- Take off of the stove and add lime juice.
- Add salt if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Optional: Add noodles for a heartier meal. Add shrimp once, noodles have cooked for 5 minutes.
Not competent enough to sit idle and stare as the world goes by, Pallavi is optimistic to a fault and believes in building her world on her own rather than depending on others to make things right.